We are looking for a passionate advocate for seniors!
Are you interested in helping people improve their lives?
Are you interested in improving your own skills?
We may have the perfect position for you!
Who we are: Vermont Associates for Training & Development, Inc. administers a federal jobs training program called the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), which provides job training services to unemployed, 55+ aged, income eligible individuals. We help people get training and jobs! Last year we helped over 430 people!
Position: Mature Worker Specialist – Positions available in Brattleboro, St. Johnsbury, St. Albans, Montpelier, and Burlington
The Mature Worker Specialist is an advocate for older people and must love helping others! The position will assist in program activities throughout their region. Responsibilities include: general office duties, case management, assisting mature workers in organized job search, recruiting prospective program applicants, and developing community partnerships. The position is part-time (25 hours/week).
- Education: high school diploma required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience in customer service, social services, education, or human resources is a plus!
- Intermediate computer software skills required including: keyboarding, Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook, and Internet search.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; good listener and organizational skills; flexible and reliable.
- Excellent customer service skills a necessity.
- Be knowledgeable of the area and its labor market.
- Must have a current valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle; some local travel is required.
- Candidates must meet criteria for enrollment in Vermont Associates Senior Community Service Employment Program: be otherwise unemployed, age 55+, income eligible, and a Vermont resident.
We will train the right person!
For more info & to apply: