Full Job Description
Title: Manufacturing Worker/Operator
12 hour Weekend Shift: Friday – Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm (3 days, 36 hours)
Location: Northfield, Vermont
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
As we continue to scale one of the fastest growing apparel brands, we are seeking a variety of Manufacturing Workers, Assemblers & Operators to keep our factory operating at peak efficiency by learning various machines, manufacturing processes, performing appropriate repairs and documentation. All roles will manufacture and inspect socks and according to quality standards and operating procedures. These positions vary from knitting, wash/dry, boarding, stickering and packaging departments. All will ensure sock quality by comparing sock spec sheets and samples for compliance.
- Make sure the spec sheet, production ticket, and program match.
- Maintaining the target efficiencies by addressing errors and performing repairs as quickly as possible.
- Restarting machines/processes quickly and accurately to minimize downtime, and notify a technician of machine/process problems when appropriate.
- Check sock quality for defects and compare production socks to sample socks.
- Monitor the material supplies for each machine/process regularly, and ensure that runouts and downtime are kept to a minimum.
- Be on the Set or Station at all times, unless assigned other tasks by the Shift Supervisor.
- Complete production reporting as needed, e.g. production tickets and machine counts.
- Follow all safety regulations and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrate teamwork by communicating with incoming shift about product quality, machine issues, and any other important information.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic mathematic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and experience of a manufacturing operation.
- Ability to distinguish between many colors and shades.
- Strong attention to detail with a quality-focused mindset.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Demonstrated track record of reliable and punctual attendance.
- Ability to be professional and courteous at all times
- Passionate about working for a values driven company and fully committed to building great cultures and high performing teams
- This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values.
- Manufacturing environment – exposure to machinery, noise and other adverse conditions for limited periods of time depending on the role
- Flexible nature to manage competing and changing priorities
This job description should not be interpreted to be a complete list of all the duties, qualifications and responsibilities performed by the jobholder. To maintain organizational flexibility, the organization has the discretion to add, drop or change at any time the duties, responsibilities and expectations of this position. This job description does not constitute an offer of employment, continuous employment or an employment contract. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Darn Tough Vermont is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.20 – $22.40 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental Pay: / Bonus pay / Signing bonus
Health & safety of our employees is a priority. We take temperatures of all employees, consultants, & visitors. Masks are NOW OPTIONAL. Increased sanitation & cleaning throughout the day is done. Desk are 6 feet or more apart. And more.
- How did you hear about this opportunity? If a Darn Tough employee, please list their name here.
- How did you hear about this opportunity? If you were you referred by a Darn Tough employee, please list their name here.
Education: / High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Shift availability: / Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location