Full Job Description
Shift : Tuesday–Friday 7:00AM-1:00PM
Pay Rate : $18.25/hour
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse
- Check-in inbound product and tag product accordingly
- Perform various receiving functions, such as unloading trucks and putting away product in the correct overstock location
- Maintain pick locations by cutting product open and placing product in primary picking locations
- Breaks down pallets of returned product, match item quantity and description to returned packing slip and note any differences
- Organize orders to be picked in an efficient manner
- Select full case and break pack orders by pulling, stacking and labeling merchandise and bringing it to the staging area
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Follow all of the safety procedures
- Stack empty pallets; clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly
- Perform all tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker helpful
- Preferred: / High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Physical Demands
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 66 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer and RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
Work in a warehouse environment while performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.