Up to $15.90 an hour
Full Job Description
Availability: Applying to this requisition allows you to be considered for multiple opportunities. Please provide as much availability that works with your schedule.
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older
Location: Rochester, NY
Address: 1500 Brooks Ave
Job Posting: 01/31/2021
Job Posting End: 03/03/2021
Starting rate up to $15.90 / hour! Hiring immediately!
At Wegmans, it takes the work of numerous individuals to make possible the incredible customer service we provide every day. As a worker in one of our Warehouse Facilities, you will work hands-on with products, accurately selecting cases to ensure our 100+ store locations receive the items they ordered and are able to meet their customers’ needs. If you love working in a fast-paced, physically demanding job where you contribute to the success of the company’s bottom line, then this is the job for you!
Why join the Wegmans team?
- Competitive pay with scheduled increases every 6 months
- Comprehensive benefits including healthcare (available to both full and part time eligible employees)
- $.45/hour pay differentials for select positions
What Will I do?
- Place selected cases on a pallet and arrange orderly to minimize product damage for safe delivery to stores
- Safely operate equipment necessary to perform job duties; this may include a forklift, pallet jack, and/or Vocollect
- Follow voice commands and/or read order to ascertain correct case number and quantity of merchandise is selected
- Stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- Average weight range of items lifted is 20-25 pounds with maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds, occasionally to frequently
- May work in and have exposure extreme temperatures (Warehouse temperatures range from -20 degrees F in Frozen, to 105 Degrees F in the grocery warehouse)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Accuracy skills
- Experience operating a pallet jack, forklift, and VoCollect
- Experience working in a warehouse, manufacturing and/or distribution facility
- Experienced working in a Food Distribution Center
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
- Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied