The Warehouse Associate in Buffalo, NY will entail responsibility of the safe handling of shipments, proper care and handling of inventory and following safe practices and standard work procedures at all times.
Who we are:
A cornerstone in the death care industry, Batesville has distinguished itself from all others through our commitment to quality, service and innovation. For more than 100 years, Batesville has been dedicated to serving the needs of licensed funeral professionals and helping families honor the lives of those they love.® With annual revenues of approximately $600 million, Batesville is a leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems and leading-edge technology solutions.
At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
- Batesville is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (www.Hillenbrand.com) is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand’s portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Coperion, Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion, and Mold-Masters, in addition to Batesville, a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America. Hillenbrand is publicly traded on the NYSE under “HI.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:.
- Perform thorough inspection of each unit to insure quality
- Unload inbound and load outbound caskets quickly, accurately, safely, and damage free
- Keep a clean, organized and safe work area
- Perform various warehouse duties as requested
- Operate various powered equipment efficiently and safely
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: / Travel is not required.
Education: / High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to drive a truck within facility confines and learn how to spot trailers
- Dependable, honest, quick learner, good communication skills and team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including any days, shift, and weekends to ensure that the customer demand is met
- Preferred Skills:
- Ability to perform and interpret computer and RF functions
- Ability to learn new skills at a fast pace
- Required Experience:
- Forklift experience preferred
- What We Offer:
- Competitive 401 K Matching Program
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Bonus eligibility
At Batesville, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.