$17 an hour
Full Job Description
VISITOR CENTER and DESIGN STORE ASSOCIATE
The Philip Johnson Glass House Museum
The Visitor Center/Design Store Associate is the first point of contact for visitors to The Glass House, a site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Reporting directly to the Manager of the Visitor Center and Design Store, interacting closely with the Business Manager and the Manager of Interpretation & Education.
This post is responsible for providing initial orientation and excellent client service to all visitors before and after tours and is required to provide interpretation and understanding of design objects in our carefully curated Design Store.
Processing retail sales and completing ticket transactions in person and on the phone in a courteous and professional manor.
Candidate must demonstrate a collaborative, positive, supportive spirit, while working with all staff members to provide a seamless, warm, welcoming experience for all visitors that exceeds expectations.
Other duties include:
- daily opening and closing of register and Visitor Center.
- maintenance of visual displays, ensure all supplies and inventory is well stocked keeping store neat and orderly at all times. Some lifting is required for restocking and inventory adjustments.
- communicating with Design Store manager when products are running low
- provide assistance during special events and exhibitions
- FedEx labeling, packing and shipping to customers, filling online web store orders.
This is a part time- seasonal position averaging 16- 32 hours weekly. Requires availability Thursday through Monday from April through December, including weekends, holidays, and some evenings.
Ideal candidate will have:
a degree in an arts related field, i.e. art history, architecture, design, museum studies outstanding verbal communication skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexibility and poise.
- Experience with computers and POS systems
- experience working in a professional retail or museum environment
- must possess a valid driver’s license
Please send resume and cover letter
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Hours per week: / 20-29
Pay frequency: /Every other week
Work includes: / Weekends / Holidays
Paid Training: / Yes
Management: / Store Manager
Employees working per shift: / 5 or fewer
Company’s website: / theglasshouse.org
Work Remotely: / No
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place