Utility Plant Operator I
• Assist in the operation, maintenance, and repair of a boiler plant and its auxiliary equipment on an assigned shift.
• Monitor steam pressure at established setting.
• Assist with accurate record keeping of fuel, water usage, steam production, condensate return ratios and ambient data.
• During the off-season, provide maintenance at the boiler plant and throughout campus.
• Make adjustments and repairs.
• Test/maintain boiler water treatment to established parameters, make adjustments as needed.
• Record periodic readings of graphs and charts.
• Operate fans and pumps
• Support Utility Plant Technicians with use of Energy Management System.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
One Year as a Utility Plant Helper, or one year of experience in cleaning and assisting in the operation, maintenance, and repair of industrial, commercial, or institutional boiler plant systems and related equipment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience working as a Utility Plant Operator including mechanical, plumbing and water treatment techniques and the ability to use oxygen and acetylene torches and arc welders is preferred.
Applicants will be rated on the following criteria:
1) Experience in operation, maintenance, and repair of boiler plant and equipment.
2) Experience with record keeping of fuel, water usage, steam production, etc.
3) Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
4) Knowledge of standard tools and practices used in maintenance and repair of steam boilers and equipment.
5) Experience with reading meters, gauges and operating control devices to maintain steam production and calculate and record fuel consumption.
6) Experience working as a Utility Plant Operator including mechanical, plumbing and water treatment techniques and the ability to use oxygen and acetylene torches and arc welders.
How to Apply
Visit Mansfield University job posting website: