About the Role
The Senior Software Engineer will be a highly creative and motivated experienced engineer with exceptional skills who will complement our growing software development team. Aspenti is building out a new software solution and product suite of offerings that will drastically change the way addiction care is provided in the future. As a result, we are adding to our growing software team. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be on the ground floor of this change. In this role you will design, develop, prototype, build, test, deploy and support the code that makes up the products. You will provide technical expertise and input to the product managers. You will be a core member of the software development team.
• Partner with Product Management and Marketing owners throughout the product development lifecycle
• Write high quality, well-tested, and scalable code
• Evaluate the short- and long-term implications of every decision
• Grow professionally and learn from other accomplished developers through pair coding while helping your peers do the same
• Make an immediate impact by quickly getting up to speed and building features from start to finish
• Collaborate on system architecture
• Review and provide feedback on code in development
• Evaluate new technologies, prototype new approaches to problems and make the business case for change
What It Takes
Delivering on our 3-part mission means providing quality results and exceptional patient care. We share a commitment to improving treatment outcomes through our work. We work closely with community organizations that advocate healthy lifestyles. Aspenti Health Colleagues are a team with compassion and collaboration to be an integral part of the recovery community.
Minimum Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience required.
• 3+ years of industry experience involving professional software development for commercial production in a structured environment.
• Passion for tackling tough problems, and value the correct solution over a sloppy one
• Passion for software development, with side projects to prove it
• Understand test-driven-development, and you are a capable debugger
• Comfortable reading & writing code, and can describe what each part of the code is doing
• Can mentor new engineers and lead teams while still being hands on with code
• Can negotiate a path forward with peers even when there are disagreements, while maintaining a positive and constructive attitude
• “Can do” attitude: you are biased towards action and ready to speak your mind.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• We are looking for a full-stack developer who is nimble and can help us tackle the diverse set of challenges we face.
Here are the key technologies that we use every day:
Ruby on Rails