1. Is responsible for delivering superior customer service in a variety of departments. Smiles and greets customers, answers questions, does suggestive selling, handles special requests, resolves customer issues in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Ensures that merchandise is in stock, fresh, in saleable condition and properly priced with the correct signage. Handles spoiled and damaged product or product that is close to expiration according to company policy. Removes product that should not be sold.
3. May assist in the production of deli, meat, bakery and other fresh depart-ments. Complies with company and legal regulations regarding food and human safety.
4.Follows cleaning/sanitation guidelines to ensure that work areas, equipment, display cases, etc. are well maintained, clean and that health and OSHA requirements are met.
5. Will help to stock merchandise and fill shelves. Helps minimize losses by reporting problems or damages to merchandise. Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
6. Has responsibility for running a cash register which may include purchase transactions, refunds, gift cards, lottery, pharmacy, tobacco, wine and beer.
7. May also be called upon to assist in all departments