Full Job Description
When Vrest Orton opened The Vermont Country Store in 1946, his goal was to offer his customers practical products for everyday use — things that were essential to maintaining their personal wellbeing. Seventy years later, we continue to follow in his footsteps, not only with our customers, but for our employees too. The Vermont Country Store offers a unique work environment in a rural setting for those who enjoy the outdoors and country lifestyle. The array of perks and benefits we offer our employees is specifically tailored to support our Vermont way of life, and some of them you won’t find in many other places. Some favorite perks are our onsite health center, employee discounts, and free bus passes for The Bus. We like to say that the strength of The Vermont Country Store is in its people, so we are committed to supporting their overall wellbeing with benefits and programs that work for them, not just our business.
Strength lies in our differences. Together the possibilities are endless.
Located in the Green Mountains of southern Vermont, The Vermont Country Store, a family owned multi-channel business, has been successfully operating for more than 70 years. We are currently seeking a Part Time and a Full Time Sales Associate to join our team at Yankee Surplus in Rutland. Our sales associates deliver a shopping experience that creates a memorable and emotional connection with all of our customers. Must be willing to work a weekend day and holidays as the business needs require.
If you can answer Yes to the following questions, we want to hear from you!
- Happy to share your recommendations for great products to our customers?
- Familiar with register operations in order to complete customer transactions quickly, efficiently, and accurately?
- Able to build relationships and engage customers quickly?
- An experienced professional who can turn every meeting into a memorable interaction?
- Passionate about providing practical and hard to find products?
- A successful work history with a customer driven business?
- Experienced working in a fast paced retail operation?
- Successfully worked with different point of sale technologies?
- Consistently met goals and do you always strive to beat them?
Are you ready to…
- Support The Vermont Country Store’s Customer Bill of Rights?
- Oversee a variety of departments to ensure that the areas are clean, organized, and well-stocked?
- Reconcile and maintain the register and register area with responsibility for the financial transactions that occur?
- Start a great career with a well-established and growing family owned business?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic instructions.
- Facilitate and encourage good communication with co-workers and customers.
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork in effectively carrying out responsibility.
- Possess an attitude that the “customer comes first”.
- Demonstrate flexibility and dependability in acceptance of assignments and direction.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Vermont Country Store provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.