$12 – $15 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Sales Associate (1 year experience required)
Northern Mattress & Furniture 1st is a family run business seeking a motivated individual interested in developing a long-term career in the retail furniture and mattress industry. As a trusted name in the industry dating back to 1950, we continue to guarantee the same excellent quality, low prices, and customer service that we were originally founded on. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking candidates to fill the position of Retail Sales Associate. Whether you are experienced in the industry or just starting out in your career, we are committed to your success with us. Our goal is to help you become a home furnishings and mattress expert and to create a work environment that is professional and enjoyable to work at!
Responsibilities and Duties
Match customers to the proper product that fits their needs. In addition, you are responsible for consistently meeting your sales goals and helping customers have a great experience!
- Maintaining knowledge of a broad range of furniture and mattress styles and products
- Reinforcing customer selections and following up on special orders until completion.
- Entering all information accurately into our computer system and providing professional follow-up before and after the sale
- Articulate our special financing plans, delivery procedures, warranties, etc. to the customer
- Coordinate delivery between the customer and our delivery system
Qualifications and Skills
To be a successful Retail Sales Associate, you must be highly driven and self-motivated to achieve individually while also being a supportive team member as you contribute to the overall business success and customer satisfaction. Being organized and able to maintain a consistent follow-up schedule with customers is a must. Communication with customers is constant, so excellent and professional verbal and written communication is extremely important.
- College education preferred, High School / GED or equivalent required; or 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Positive and engaging personality
- Energetic attitude
- Creativity in providing solutions to customers
- Ability to overcome customer objections
- Computer and email proficiency and decent typing skills required
- Ability to assist with merchandise movement and cleanliness of store
- Relevant experience, preferred but not required
If you have like having FUN, have integrity, empathy, are dependable, enjoy friendly competition, and thrive on customer centered relationships, then Northern is the place for you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000 – $80,000 including commission, bonuses and spiffs!!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: /8 hour shift
Supplemental Pay: / Bonus pay / Commission pay
Education: / High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: / Multiple locations
Work Remotely: / No