- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Unload trucks.
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes; store merchandise in stock room or move directly to sales floor.
- Build merchandise displays.
- Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves.
- Restock recovered merchandise.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Greet customers.
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer’s purchase; bag merchandise.
- Collect payment from customer and make change.
- Assist with ordering merchandise using hand-held scanners, as needed.
- Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays when necessary.