$15 an hour
Full Job Description
The Ski Valet will provide exceptional service by providing a fluid partnership with member services to effectively transport equipment to the proper location. Additionally, ski valet will help all members and guests with their ski or snowboard equipment upon arrival to the clubhouse. At the end of the day, the Ski Valet will collect all ski and snowboard equipment and categorize for storage. Ski Valet will also act as ambassador for the Club and answer any and all member or guest questions.
After an orientation period and on-the-job-training, the successful candidate will be expected to;
- Prepare outside areas in the morning and set-up ski racks for member arrival
- Check in member skis and categorize according to system
- Remove protective coverings from ski racks, neaten all equipment
- Arrive early to support organization of members skis arriving for the day
- Assist members with equipment outdoors, at ski racks, to the lifts, and to and from vehicles
- Complete other tasks and assist other departments, as necessitated by operational need.
- Valid driver’s license without restrictions
- Must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age
- Must be able to communicate well
- Prior ski resort experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Enjoy interacting with people in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional guest recovery skills
Physical Demands Work Environment
- Must be willing to stand and work outdoors in adverse weather conditions for extended periods
- Must be able to push, pull, or carry 40 (forty) pounds
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays based on business demands
- Must be able to adhere to the Club’s appearance and grooming standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
The Hermitage Club at Haystack Mountain is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on such grounds.
The Hermitage Club at Haystack Mountain participates in e-Verify.