Summary/objective: The Repairs & Maintenance Worker will perform preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures and equipment. This position will perform under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, HVAC and plumbing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Greet each guest, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive experience.
- Conforms to AAA Four Diamond Standards.
- Maintain company owned and family property.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.) to provide operable and efficient facilities for Department personnel.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.) to provide operable and efficient plumbing capabilities to Department personnel.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and heart-of-the-house areas.
- Respond to guest calls and team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs.
- Cleans and inspects boiler, treats water with proper chemicals.
- Calibrates and repairs pneumatic systems.
- Maintain all building systems i.e., pumps, septic, fire, phone, computer and solar.
- Replaces broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and closets; installs window blinds.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled procedures.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment, temperatures and utility systems.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipments; new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects; replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
- Repairs electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs kitchen appliances.
- May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Fully aware of and comply with Inns policies and procedures as identified in the procedure manual and handbook.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Associates may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the entire property, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs, stand and/or walking for a minimum of 80% of shift
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee will frequently be lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of 25lbs, occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to 100lbs;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina requires all newly hired employees to provide documentation that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Experience/Competent user of hand and power tools
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence
Required education and experience
- Technical High School Degree required or;
- Technical training in a field related to building maintenance through a recognized trade union, technical school or equivalent.
- One year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair.
Additional eligibility requirements
- Maintains all current licenses and certifications
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintains high standards for work area and appearance and presents self in highly professional manner to staff and guest.
- Available days, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.