Full Job Description
Associates for Training and Development (A4TD) is a nationally recognized workforce development non-profit that originated in 1983. A4TD administers job training programs for mature workers in five states: CT, ME, NY, PA, and VT. We recognize the dignity and worth of our program participants and hold firm in the belief that mature workers have the right to contribute to their economic stability. When a program participant is offered a job consistent with their interests and abilities, we at A4TD are uplifted and energized to do it again with the next participant. As the demographics of our country’s workforce change, we know mature workers bring needed skills and talents to the workplace.
A4TD has an opening for a Regional Program Coordinator to join our dedicated, mission-driven team. Our dynamic team comes from diverse backgrounds. We are teachers, coaches, accountants, former restaurant managers, veterans, and more.
Are you a self-starter, curious and creative, ready to learn? If you are motivated to make a difference, this may be a great fit. We can train the right person.
What is the job?
You will be part of a team that administers the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in the Western Region of Maine. The SCSEP helps low-income, unemployed seniors by assigning them to paid internships at local nonprofits and public agencies, then helps them transition to permanent employment and achieve economic independence. Your job is to support the program participants through all stages of the SCSEP program: as they enter, grow and learn, and transition to permanent employment. Building community partnerships, and developing knowledge of the local labor market are two ways in which you support participants. The position is based in Lewiston, and is remote until we can safely reopen our office.
What are my job functions?
You will recruit applicants, assign participants to host agency sites for their internship, supervise and assist staff, meet with host agency supervisors, and build program capacity by developing partnerships with training, employer and service organizations.
You will work directly with participants: identify their training needs, recognize barriers to employment, determine any support services needed, and support job search efforts.
Other special projects may be assigned. Moderate in-state travel is required and reimbursed. (Travel expectations are greatly reduced during the pandemic.)
Perks & Benefits:
· A very competitive benefits package including a generous 401K match; dental and vision insurance; paid federal holidays; sick and vacation time and life insurance
· A positive, collaborative work environment where your ideas are welcomed
· Opportunities for professional growth and development
· A diverse and hardworking team that learns from one another
· Flexibility in a way that prioritizes a work-life balance
Education: Associates degree required
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience, preferably working directly with clients and/or engaging with businesses. Non-profit experience is a plus!
What you will bring to the role:
· Great attitude: motivated to make a difference, ready to learn, collaborative approach, eager to do outreach
· Coaching skills: Ability to connect honestly and provide positive encouragement to participants and staff. Provide consistent, sometimes considerable positive reinforcement
· Strong record keeping: This is a federally-regulated grant and detailed records are crucial.
· Computer skills: Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office suite products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and especially PowerPoint. File management skills; online research skills
· Authorization to work in the USA required.
We would love if you could bring to the role:
· Knowledge of local labor market and workforce systems
· Experience working with mature workers, culturally diverse populations, and persons with disabilities
· Bilingual (Spanish)
Our work is important and we have fun doing it. Watching people learn new things when they thought they could not is fun! And it is the responsibility of our commitments to our participants that grounds us during these difficult pandemic times. We, and our participants, have the fortitude to see it through.
Apply today and be a part of the 38-year legacy of A4TD’s successful sponsorship of the Senior Community Service and Employment Program. Email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Only those applicants who submit both documents will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.
The total cost of A4TD’s Program Year 2021 (7/1/21 to 6/30/22) Senior Community Service Employment Program is $13,347,458. $12,010,039 (90%) is funded through U.S. Department of Labor – Employment and Training Administration grants. The other $1,337,068 (10%) is funded through State and Local resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: / 8 hour shift / Monday to Friday
- How many years of Case Management experience do you have?
- How many years of community outreach do you have?
- Your expected annual salary is __?
Education: / Associate (Preferred)
Language: / Spanish (Preferred)
License/Certification: / Driver’s License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: / 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location