Full Job Description
Store Code: Store 08372 Customer Service (7248011)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
- Clean Service Desk/Kiosk.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
- Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
- Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Support and comply with all company’s safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Perform accurate price check functions.
- Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape, bags and cleaning materials.
- Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of -sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
- Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks and the sale of tobacco/alcoholic beverages.
- Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pickup in accordance with company policy.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
- Process all of the various types of transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized Accounts Receivable sales, Electronic Payments, WIC, coupons, gift cards, bottle credits, refunds, lottery, Western Union etc. in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same.
- Secure register at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order and report problems or malfunctions immediately.
- Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
- Frequently, perform cashier and/service associate functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job.
- Completed Cashier/Service Associate training packet
- Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
- Use hands to frequently/continuously handle currency (paper and coin) as well as operate a variety of equipment such as cash register, lottery machine, scanner, computer, and calculator.
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
- Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
- Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level; occasionally above shoulder or below waist level.
- Meet established volume activity standards for the position.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check ID cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Provide outstanding, friendly customer service.
- Record (scan) the purchases of a customer into the cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Collect money in the forms of cash, checks or electronic funds from customers and tender accurate change in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide customers and associates with refunds in accordance with standard practice.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Follow Anti-Money Laundering guidelines while processing Western Union, Money Orders, Prepaid Cards and Check Cashing.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.