• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Pharmacy department.
• Assist in inventory and pharmacy management processes including: paperwork, order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
• Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
Where Permitted by Law:
• Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
• Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
• Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory, create prescription labels, adhere labels to prescription containers and place medication into prescription containers.
• Assist in the administration of Rite Aid programs including: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Customer Loyalty programs, etc.
• Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
Experience / Requirements
• Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
• Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
• Pharmacy Technician experience or education required.
• Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.