$10 – $13 an hour
Full Job Description
Personal Care Aide
General description of Duties:
Personal Care Aides are responsible to help implement IEP goals and objectives, implement adaption so children can function in a classroom setting, supports the child in the classroom, encourages and teaches independence and self-help skills to the child and walks to the child to and from the classroom.
Positions: Bigler – 12:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Tuesday – Friday
· High School diploma or G.E.D.
· Experience working with young children.
· A working phone number.
· Documented good physical health.
· Good mental health
Applicant should possess: the FBI fingerprint, State Police Criminal Background check, and Child Abuse History check before hiring. Please see links below:
- PA Criminal Record (State Police)- https://epatch.state.pa.us
- FBI Clearance– https://uenroll.identogo.com
- Child Abuse History Check– www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
- Mandated Reporting Certificate-free-www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu.
· Dependable, highly motivated, and shows initiative.
· Ability to establish a relationship of trust and respect with staff, children and families.
· Ability to plan and organize work.
· Ability to facilitate individual and group situations.
· Receptive to training.
· Able to work without constant supervision.
· Pleasant personality.
· Belief in Head Start philosophy of “Reaching Children Through Families.”
· Reach overhead.
· Lift and carry objects over fifty (50) pounds.
· Bend to a child’s level and retrieve items from the floor.
· Stand for extended periods of time with reasonable breaks.
· Sit at child size tables.
· Walk and stand for periods of over one hour.
· Hold children on their lap.
· Physically restrain a child as needed following guidelines.
· Climb stairs
· Sit on the floor for over thirty minutes.
· Vision and hearing within normal limits.
· Hand wash and rinse dishes using chemical disinfectants.
Position will remain open until filled.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $13.00 per hour
Company’s website: / cenclear.org
Work Remotely: / No