Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Department: SVH Family Care Clinton
Position is located: SVH Family Care Clinton
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for providing office functions at Sebasticook Family Regional Care (SRVC) including but not limited to: Scheduling patients’ office appointments, greeting & registering customers, maintaining office supplies, answering telephones, maintaining patient records, and seeing that all patient registrations meet the Sebasticook Valley Health standard. Must collaborate and establish a good working rapport with all internal/external customers in order to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency. Portray a professional, courteous and helpful attitude to all customers.
1. Greets patients by telephone or in person in a friendly, courteous manner.
2. Answers and directs phone calls as appropriate, taking accurate messages and channeling them to the appropriate staff.
3. Schedules patient appointments – rescheduling as necessary.
4. Documents all required information appropriately in patient charts. (patient demographics, scanning insurance card, etc.)
5. Verify the patient’s insurance using the proper resource.
6. Collects co-pays and balance cash box daily.
7. Maintains and organizes patients’ charts by scanning documents in the appropriate chart and location, using the appropriate observation terms. Entering laboratory results accurately and timely.
8. Ensures completeness of patient files, research and locate missing documents, remove non-essential material; prepare and organize documents to conform to top quality control standards.
9. Complete outstanding orders as indexing is performed, as well as update any outstanding orders.
10. Perform job within allotted timeframe.
11. Demonstrate safe behavior in all aspects of job.
12. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
13. Supports Sebasticook Valley Health.
14. Perform weekly/monthly reports through Meridios providing the MA’s with the patient list as required.
15. Assist w/monthly PCMH attestation
16. Utilize higher education, seminars, professional publications, and hospital in-services to remain current in profession.
17. Perform job duties by utilizing all resources with minimal waste of supplies, materials and time.
18. Properly utilize and maintains all equipment for the job.
19. Maintain a safe environment which includes knowing and understanding hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
20. Report and directly address identified environmental hazards when appropriate.
21. Report and directly address violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
22. Other duties as requested by Director.
- Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization’s benefit.
- Ability to understand the language used to precisely describe the human body including its components, processes, conditions affecting it, and procedures performed upon it.
- No previous experience required.
- Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
- Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
- Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Continuous sitting.
- Continuous standing.
- Continuous walking.