Patient Service Representative – Ellsworth
$13 – $15 an hour
Customer Service, 1 year (Required)
medical office, 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Required)
Bucksport, ME 04416 (Required)
- Work authorization:
United States (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Patient Services Representative greets patients, checks them in, confirms demographic info and insurance coverage, collects patient copays and provides receipts, directs patients to the proper waiting area, and notifies clinical support staff that the patient is ready; schedules and confirms patient appointments; checks each patient out after the visit, prints visit summary, and makes a copy for the patient; performs other clerical duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs opening duties to ensure the office is ready for the day, such as turning on lights and equipment, ensuring the waiting area is tidy, etc.
Greets patients and checks them in, verifying demographic and insurance information, collecting co-pays, providing receipts, and directing patients to the proper waiting area. Coordinates patient flow and communicates with clinical support staff to let them know that patients are ready to be see
*Verifies computerized information and updates demographic and insurance information.
* Copies insurance cards and other required information and follows procedures regarding the distribution and saving of information.
* Collects payment from patients at time of service, following internal controls with money collected; creates batch of credit card receipts daily
* Assists patients requesting copies of x-rays, envelope pickups or prescription renewal
* Schedules appointments using computerized system.
* Ensures that patient waiting area is clean and presentable throughout the day.
* Answers phones in the department.
* Performs closing duties (opening duties in reverse).
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, including operation of a standard computer keyboard; reach with hands and arms and talk, see and hear; prolonged sitting is required. Eye hand coordination and manual dexterity required. The employee must occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds, bend, stoop, stretch or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION: Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least one year of experience as a receptionist or dealing with the public is required. One year of experience working in a medical office preferred.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software products required.
- Ability to communicate and present information.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High School diploma or equivalent with emphasis on office and business skills including, keyboarding, filing, and multi-tasking, required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: / High school or equivalent (Required)
Location: / Bucksport, ME 04416 (Required)
Work authorization: / United States (Preferred)
Work Location: / One location
Company’s website: / Bucksport Regional Health Center
Company’s Facebook page: / Bucksport Regional Health Center
Work Remotely: / No
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place