From $12 an hour
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Olympia Sports – Malone NY
Part Time Key Holder
The Part Time Key Holder performs sales, key holding and customer service tasks by performing the following main duties:
- Performs sales and customer service responsibilities.
- Performs cashiering, stockroom upkeep and store upkeep as needed.
- Maintains company standards regarding personal sales metrics.
- Opens and closes store with key holding responsibilities.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
0 – 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Should be able to provide teammates with direction on how and when to execute operational tasks and provide general feedback on how their teammates are engaging with the customer to meet the service expectations for Olympia Sports.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional. Communication should be timely.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to analyze results at a micro and macro level and present findings. Makes routine decisions following established policies and procedures; collaborates with manager to gain assistance when complex issues arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Individual must be 16 years of age or older, except where such requirements are prohibited by law, including but not limited to the following states/territories: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week, including nights and weekends.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12-hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
Benefits: / Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: / One location
Hours per week: / 10-19 / 20-29
Pay frequency: / Every week
Work includes: / Evenings / Weekends / Holidays
Paid Training: / Yes
Management: / Store Manager
Shifts announced: / Weekly
Shift: / Swing
Employees working per shift: / 5 or fewer
Typical start time: / 9AM
Typical end time: / 8PM
Benefit Conditions: / Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: / No