Full Job Description
Job Title: Part-time Hannaford to Go – Shopper
Essential Job Functions:
1. Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and assistance.
2. Accurately match all items from the customer’s on-line shopping list.
3. Ability to shop multiple customer orders simultaneously using the designated tools and equipment.
4. Substitute items for customers if they request it.
5. Assist customers picking up orders at the drive thru.
6. Record (scan) the purchases of a customer into the cash register efficiently and accurately.
7. Recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
8. Collect money in the forms of cash or checks from customers and tender accurate change in accordance with company policies and procedures.
9. Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures. Label and store in designated area for customer pick up.
10. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide outstanding friendly customer service.
2. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
3. Clean check-stands daily and assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage.
4. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
5. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
6. Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
7. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
9. Perform accurate price check function.
10. Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape, bags, labels and cleaning materials.
11. Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other maintenance duties such as cleaning break rooms, rest rooms as assigned.
12. Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
13. Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks and the sale of tobacco/alcoholic beverages.
14. Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pickup in accordance with company policy.
15. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
16. Process all various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized Accounts Receivable sales, Electronic Payments, WIC coupons, Food Stamps, manufacturers’ coupons, gift certificates, bottle deposits, bottle refunds, merchandise refunds, etc., in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same. If applicable and service center trained, process lottery, Western Union, utility etc. transactions.
17. Secure register at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
18. Order and stock candy and cigarettes according to plan-o-grams and keep merchandise rotated in accordance with store policy and product code dates and pull all out-of-code merchandise (when assigned).
19. Perform all other duties as assigned. Requirements Qualifications:
Effective communication and customer service skills. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Willingness to learn multiple tasks. Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job.
1. Perform frequent to continuous repetitive fingering, grasping, reaching and hand/arm motions while standing the majority of the shift.
2. Continuous fine finger motions such as pinching, grasping when handling money.
3. Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
4. Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
5. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
6. Have sufficient visual acuity to read the RF unit display screen as well as check identification cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.
7. Occasionally fill in for the customer service associate, which requires working in and out of inclement weather, gathering up to five shopping carts and pushing them to designated areas (when necessary).
8. If trained, occasionally fill in for the customer service center associate, which requires processing lottery, Western Union, utility etc., transactions.