The Office Coordinator manages the front office staff in collaboration with the Practice Manager. Coordinates front office scheduling and staff assignments. Serves as resource to address patient, family, staff, or Physician needs or concerns.
• Collaborate with manager in selecting, monitoring and evaluating front office staff.
• Compile departmental data on patient caseload and physician intervals to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
• Develop and maintain a patient-centric culture, centered around patient arrival and follow up activities in line with the consumerism initiatives, if applicable.
• Ensure a positive customer service atmosphere and interactions in office areas through ongoing training/development/monitoring of staff. Seek physician/staff feedback to ensure interactions are appropriate. Investigate/resolve customer complaints.
• Ensure accuracy for all daily charge input, both inpatients and outpatients of CPT and diagnosis codes.
• Ensure patient scheduling is accurate.
• Manage front office staff in practice. Work closely with manager to ensure specific needs are met. Coordinate scheduling and staff assignments.
• Monitor and meet practice specific benchmarks inclusive of point of service and scheduling (inclusive of template management for timely patient access), if applicable.
• Obtain accurate demographic, next of kin, insurance information including referrals/authorizations.
• Oversee orientation/training including cross training to ensure staff availability/coverage requirements caused by vacations, sickness, or peak loads.
• Work denial work queues in conjunction with the CBO.
Must meet one of the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree + 6 months of experience, or
• Associates Degree in Health Care or Business + 2 years of experience, or
• High School Diploma + 4 years of experience