Full Job Description
Darn Tough Vermont® is an American manufacturer of premium, all weather outdoor and lifestyle socks, all of which carry the industry’s original unconditional lifetime guarantee. Our product is distinguished from industry competitors by 100 percent USA manufacturing, exceptional comfort, durability and fit. Headquartered in Northfield, Vermont, and a location in Waterbury, Vermont, our mission is to be the leader in the branded, premium performance sock market. Our strong family-orientation coupled with our core values of being tough, independent and respectful, while being authentic make us a great place to work. We promote openness, honesty, and respect through teamwork and effective leadership. We provide all the necessary training, tools, and support to ensure we embody a proud, productive workforce committed to continuous improvement. We have yet to produce our best sock!
Title: Manufacturing Technicians
Locations & Shifts: Northfield, VT; M-F, 8 hours shifts
- 1st: 6:45 AM-3:15 PM
- 3rd: Sun. Night-Friday Morning, 10:45 PM-7 AM ***1500 Sign-on Bonus***
Waterbury, VT, M-Th, 9 hour shifts (4 days, 36 hours) * 1st shift – 5:45 AM to 3:15 PM
- 2nd shift – 1:45 PM to 11:15 PM
- 3rd shift – 9:45 PM to 7:15 AM ***1500 Sign-on Bonus***
Reports to: Shift Manager
As we continue to scale one of the fastest growing apparel brands, we are seeking Manufacturing Technicians. This individual, working on the knitting room floor, is responsible for machine diagnosis and repair along with performing preventative maintenance Responsible for the repair of all model knitting machines on the production floor. Works to maximize machine efficiencies and repair problems the first time and eliminates repetitive problems.
- Performs repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance to help insure machines run at 85% efficiency or better.
- Assists machine operators by answering questions, mentoring and minimizing machine downtime.
- Works well in a team environment and is willing to be a team leader and consensus builder.
- Responsible for keeping knitting machines clean and well maintained.
- Follows all safety procedures, wears protective equipment, when required, and keeps work area clean and organized.
- Follows attendance policy, arrives a few minutes early to receive hand off from previous shift and stays at work station during work hours.
- Other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED, with preference given to candidates with a technical background.
- Basic mathematic skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and experience of a manufacturing operation.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience on production machinery in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values.
- Manufacturing environment – exposure to machinery, noise and other adverse conditions for limited periods of time depending on the role
- Flexible nature to manage competing and changing priorities
At Darn Tough Vermont we have a list of shared company values – one of them is We Value Differences. Where you come from, how you identify, your age, and other descriptions are something that makes you, you, and we respect that. We’re an honest group of people and work hard.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental Pay: / Bonus pay
Health & safety of our employees is a priority. Currently we take temperatures of all employees, consultants, & visitors. Currently masks are required. Increased sanitation & cleaning throughout the day is done. Desk are 6 feet or more apart. And more.
- Do you require work sponsorship now or in the future?
- How did you hear about this opportunity? If you were you referred by a Darn Tough employee, please list their name here.
- What Vermont location are you interested in: Waterbury, Northfield or Both?
Experience: / Equipment repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location