About the Role
The Machine Learning Engineer will be a highly creative and a motivated experienced data scientist with exceptional skills who will complement our growing team. Aspenti’s Population Health platform coupled with large proprietary healthcare laboratory datasets and strategic vision of transforming decision making in healthcare require a state-of-the-art machine learning platform. As a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer, you will design, develop, prototype and scale machine learning experiments to automate clinical decision making. Employ a variety of algorithmic and statistical techniques, including deep learning, collaborative filtering, and other machine learning techniques to extract insights from structured and unstructured electronic health record data, social determinants of health and other healthcare data sources. Design and apply statistical techniques to evaluate and monitor the outcomes of automated clinical decision making. Help evolve Aspenti’s Population Health platform, combining input from clinicians and other domain experts with Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) and risk stratification techniques. Build data driven apps whose goals are to: translate data into intelligence, help transform the work of clinical decision making, quality reporting and pathway planning, and to help solve a variety of strategic business problems in healthcare. Assists business with causal inferences & observations providing data-driven business insights.
• Innovate, implement and test machine learning and deep learning techniques.
• Analyze the quality and calibration of predictive models.
• Collaborate with engineering team members for deployment of new machine learning techniques, and follow deployments tracking issues and successes.
• Interface with medical coders, administrators, and physicians to understand the strengths and weaknesses of existing products and to help develop new machine learning-empowered products.
What It Takes
Delivering on our 3-part mission means providing quality results and exceptional patient care. We share a commitment to improving treatment outcomes through our work. We work closely with community organizations that advocate healthy lifestyles. Aspenti Health Colleagues are a team with compassion and collaboration to be an integral part of the recovery community.
Minimum Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science strongly recommended
• 5+ years of industry experience involving machine learning for commercial production in a structured environment.
• Machine Learning expertise
• Ability to select appropriate models given a well-defined problem / data set
• Ability to conceptualize, validate, and improve upon features used within models
• Ability to measure model performance appropriately and prevent over-fitting and other common modeling pitfalls.
• Familiarity with industry tools, libraries and coding quality
• High proficiency in Python
• High proficiency writing SQL
• Experience with Deep Learning and/or Natural Language Processing algorithms and tools a strong plus.
• Experience with Java/C++ a strong plus.
• Experience with big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) a plus.
• Experience with healthcare data a plus.
• “Can do” attitude: you are biased towards action and ready to speak your mind.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.