Position Title: General Help (Loaders)
Department: Distribution Center Location
Reports to: Lead Person, Supervisor or Manager
Loads product into the trailers in accordance to load sheets.
Primary Job Duties:
- Move product (stacks or racks) from packaging lines to appropriate trailer or staging area.
- Keep product staging areas and lanes organized.
- Load product from staging area to trailers.
- Remove out-of-code product from the floor (requires constant checking of date and price codes).
- Keep floor areas clean and organized (includes platform area, private label dock, loading area, empty tray area).
- Serve as a break person for other shipping employees on various lines and/or platform.
- Work on the platform, which includes unloading in-bound (purchased) product.
- Complete paperwork (load sheets, block sheets) with accuracy and neatness.
- Perform trailer checks, which include sweeping and checking for damage. Documents information and submits to department manager.
- Informs supervisors in advance of the floor inventory of empty trays and other equipment.
- Communicates with packaging employees to make sure product counts are correct on each truck (i.e. reconciling trailer paperwork to packaging wrap sheets).
Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors/visitors by following safety guidelines and reporting all incidents to management.
- Promotes employee safety in all areas of operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Follows proper G M Ps at all times.
Other related duties as assigned by Lead Person, Supervisor or Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: No experience required.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred.
- Must be able to count and perform basic math.
- Must be able to read and comprehend department materials and specifically load sheets.
- Must be capable of lifting or maneuvering up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach approximately 7 feet high to move product.
- Must be physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
- Must be able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
- Must be able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
Brand: Schmidt Baking Company
Address: 2020 Mill Lane, Bldg. B Williamsport, PA – 17701
Property Description: Schmidt Bakery Williamsport Depot
Property Number: 009