Laundry Part Time 3p-11p
POSITION SUMMARY: The duties of the Laundry Aide shall be to ensure facility linen and residents’ personal clothing are properly collected, sorted, laundered, distributed and/or stored according to facility policy.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
A. Job Knowledge and Role Responsibilities:
1. Reports to work when scheduled. Attends all mandatory inservices by employee’s anniversary date.
2. Carries out and follows all facility policies and procedures.
3. Acts appropriately under the direction of the Laundry Supervisor and acts as an active member of the interdisciplinary team.
4. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes with shift assignments to meet facility needs.
5. Handles all laundry in accordance with sanitary guidelines.
6. Sorts all soiled laundry into appropriate categories. Lifts and carries loads of laundry to and from cleaning equipment.
7. Washes, dries, folds and hangs all laundry neatly and properly.
8. Identifies personal laundry with resident’s name and remarks personal clothing items, if needed.
9. Returns clean resident laundry to appropriate rooms and supply areas.
10. Completes all daily assignments to the satisfaction of the supervisor.
11. Keeps work area clean and neat and performs cleaning assignments as scheduled or directed.
12. Works in cooperation with all other employees of the facility to maintain a clean and sanitary environment for both residents and staff.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with the Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program when performing work functions.
B. Role Responsibilities-Interpersonal Skills:
1. Is aware of, and adheres to, Resident’s Bill of Rights and Confidentiality of Resident Information.
2. Interacts with residents, family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and calm manner.
3. Addresses family satisfaction issues immediately by reporting them to the Supervisor in a professional manner.
4. Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting law.
5. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
C. Role Responsibilities-Safety:
1. Demonstrates ability to locate emergency equipment (i.e. fire extinguisher).
2. Demonstrates ability to identify and respond appropriately to potential behavioral outbursts.
3. Uses facility equipment safely.
4. Recognizes, removes and/or reports potential hazards.
5. Follows established safety rules/accident prevention.
6. Observes rules of safety at all times and is alert to safety hazards to self and co-workers including complying with Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) guidelines for chemical use.
D. Role Responsibilities – Infection Control:
1. Demonstrates proper hand washing techniques.
2. Disposes of waste properly.
3. Complies with departmental dress code.
E. Role Responsibilities-Resident Dignity:
1. Addresses residents in a respectful manner.
2. Discusses confidential resident information in appropriate areas only.
F. Other Duties as Assigned by Laundry Supervisor.