Performs specific laundry functions as assigned in daily work assignments including collecting and sorting soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. in accordance with established procedures. Fold, counts, stacks, hangs and distributes clean laundry and distributes to residents daily or as instructed.
- Performs day-to-day laundry functions as assigned.
- Collects, sorts, and weighs soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and places in appropriate containers or assigned areas.
- Presses/irons garments instructed.
- Folds, counts, stacks, hangs, and distributes clean laundry, linen, garments, etc., to residents daily and/or as instructed.
- Cleans floors, including sweeping, dusting, and damp/wet mopping.
- Keeps walls and ceilings clean by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from equipment or floor surfaces, using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Discards waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Ensures that work, cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Coordinates daily laundry services with nursing services when performing routine assignments in resident living areas.
High school diploma or GED required.Experience:
Previous laundry experience preferred
Physical and Sensory Requirements(with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies. Position requires proficient interpersonal and communication skills; moderate reading, writing and grammar skills; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand, lift, reach, and push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds.