Job Opening: Project Coordinator
We are looking for a creative go-getter who embraces constant change, and likes helping people be successful!
Associates for Training and Development (A4TD) is a large, private nonprofit corporation serving 5 states across the northeast. For over 37 years, we have flourished in our mission to provide job training services to special populations, including older workers age 55+. We are recognized nationally as a leader in this field, and we love what we do!
We have a dynamic team of professionals with very diverse backgrounds! Our team is made up of former restaurant managers, military servicemen and women, human services experts, healthcare providers, project managers, teachers, coaches, accountants, and many more.
We can train the right person!
We have an immediate opening for a motivated and creative professional to join our team. The Project Coordinator administers the CT Older Worker Virtual Training Program in New Haven county. The program helps unemployed, low income seniors by providing them with the means and supports necessary to access virtual job skills training programs and job development services. Duties include recruiting, screening, assessing and enrolling applicants, collaborating with a Training Facilitator to identify training options, conducting case management activities that help participants in their job search, and cultivating opportunities for partnership with businesses that leads to job opportunities for program participants. Work related travel within New Haven county is required and reimbursed. Position based in New Haven, CT.
A very competitive benefits package (generous 401k match; health, dental, and vision insurance; paid federal holidays, sick and vacation time; life insurance.)
- A positive work environment where new ideas are welcomed
- Opportunities for professional growth & development
- A diverse and hardworking team that learns from one another
- Flexibility in a way that prioritizes a work-life balance
Education: College degree required
Experience: A minimum of 3 years in workforce and community partner development, preferably working directly with clients. Experience with non-profits and working with seniors is a plus!
- A great attitude, motivated to make a difference & ready to learn!
- Readiness to connect with community partners (for-profit and non-profit) and promote the program
- Knowledge of the local labor market and state/local workforce system
- Knowledge of recruiting and human resources processes
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal direction, while maintaining a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to creatively solve problems and innovate within a highly regulated environment
- Strong record-keeping abilities (making notes, maintaining organized files, etc.)
- Coaching skills: the ability to energize others, “build up” and encourage program participants
- Communication skills: the ability to clearly and concisely communicate one-on-one both verbally and in writing; the ability to engage in active listening
- Time management and organizational skills: ability to balance competing, time-sensitive priorities
- Computer skills: Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office suite products including Word, Excel and Outlook, and especially PowerPoint; file management skills; online research skills
- Authorization to work in the USA required
- Experience developing business to business partnerships
- Experience working with mature workers, culturally diverse populations, and persons with disabilities
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Are you ready for a job you can love?
We want to hear from you!
Please email your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who submit both documents will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
This position is funded by the US Department of Labor, for the Connecticut Department of Aging and Disability Services (ADS), State Unit on Aging