We are looking for a creative go-getter who embraces constant change, and likes working with people!
Associates for Training and Development (A4TD) is a large, private nonprofit corporation serving 5 states across the northeast. For over 37 years, we have flourished in our mission to provide job training services to special populations, including older workers age 55+. We are recognized nationally as a leader in this field, and we love what we do!
We have a dynamic team of professionals with very diverse backgrounds! Our team is made up of former restaurant managers, military servicemen and women, human services experts, healthcare providers, project managers, teachers, coaches, accountants, and many more.
We have an immediate opening for a motivated and creative professional to join our team. The Job Developer supports and enhances job opportunities for participants in A4TD’s workforce development programs, including the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP). The SCSEP helps low-income, unemployed seniors by assigning them to paid internships at local nonprofits and public agencies, then helps them transition to permanent employment and achieve economic independence. The Job Developer supports A4TD program participants in job searching and placement, and cultivates opportunities for partnership with businesses and industry organizations. This position will be based in either Syracuse or Binghamton.
- A very competitive benefits package (generous 401k match; health, dental, and vision insurance; paid federal holidays, sick and vacation time; life insurance.)
- A positive work environment where new ideas are welcomed
- Opportunities for professional growth & development
- A diverse and hardworking team that learns from one another
- Flexibility in a way that prioritizes a work-life balance
Education: Associates degree or higher
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in workforce and community partner development
- Knowledge of the local labor market and state/local workforce system
- Knowledge of recruiting and human resources processes
- A friendly, outgoing demeanor
- A positive attitude that will make participants feel energized in the job search process
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to prepare and present to groups of people
- Experience working with mature workers, culturally diverse populations, and persons with disabilities
- Experience developing business to business partnerships
- Education or experience in human resource management
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Are you ready for a job you can love?
We want to hear from you!
Please provide your cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Only those applicants who submit both documents will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: / 8 hour shift / Monday to Friday
Education: / Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Business development: 3 years (Preferred)
Language: / Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company’s website: / www.a4td.org
Company’s Facebook page:
Work Remotely: / Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings