Full Job Description
Description: Overview of the Role
The Human Resources Coordinator acts as a resource to all credit union staff regarding their benefits and professional development. The HR Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing GPO’s health & ancillary benefits, statutory leave process, and professional development training opportunities for new and current employees throughout the year. The HR Coordinator will be a resource to hiring managers and will provide general support to the Human Resources Department.
- Oversee GPO’s benefits, statutory leaves, wellness initiatives & safety program.
- Provide employees with benefit & wellness information while encouraging full use of available resources.
- Develop and coordinate monthly wellness initiatives as well as a safety program.
- Update and maintain employee benefit records and human resource databases.
- Act as a resource for employee questions regarding their medical and professional training needs.
- Coordinate the annual benefit enrollment process.
- Analyze benefit usage and provide reporting on annual benefit costs.
- Track and manage statutory leaves – FMLA, PFL, STD, LTD and Worker’s Compensation.
- Oversee monthly medical billing.
- Manage Cobra renewal, notices, & reimbursements.
- Oversee GPO’s Professional Development Training Program
- Assist in the coordination of training programs.
- Assist managers and supervisors with providing training opportunities for succession planning and performance issues.
- Develop and implement professional training tracks for staff in all areas of the credit union consistent with mandatory requirements.
- Conduct new employee orientation & professional development trainings as required.
- Maintain records on MLO.
- Manage ongoing department trainings.
- Complete other duties as assigned in order to support the department.
- Adapt a work ethic that is aligned with GPO’s mission and keeps our member service at the forefront.
- Follow proper attendance protocol and adhere to position schedule.
- To maintain a confidential environment, respecting employee concerns.
- Stay abreast of regulations and trends within the industry and ensure the credit union remains compliant.
- Hold yourself accountable for the promises you make and the actions you take.
- Complete training as assigned and continually search for opportunities to enhance one’s ability and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of similar experience
- Ability to act with professionalism and tact
- Determined and motivated individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as take on projects as an individual
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent computer usage and screen time
- Frequent typing and use of fine motor skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.89 – $24.04 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Schedule: / Day shift
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance