Full Job Description
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and assistance.
- Accurately match all items from the customer’s on-line shopping list.
- Ability to shop multiple customer orders simultaneously using the designated tools and equipment.
- Substitute items for customers if they request it.
- Recognize or differentiate between the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
- Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures. Label and store in designated area for customer pick up.
- Assist customers picking up orders at designated pickup location.
- Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
- Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
- Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
- Work within our company’s management planning (MPA) guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards. Clean and assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage.
- Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Effective communication and customer service skills. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Willingness to learn multiple tasks. Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Perform repetitive hand/arm motions while standing the majority of the shift.
- Continuous fine finger motions such as pinching, grasping when handling money.
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
- Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to read the RF unit display screen as well as check identification cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.
**The essential job functions, duties and responsibilities and physical requirements listed are a select representation of duties required for various positions, and may not include all, or be limited to, those listed. Specific duties and functions of each position will be available and reviewed at time of interview.