Full Job Description
Job ID / 5271
Binghamton, NY 13904
Our grocery associates assist the customer by ensuring the grocery merchandise is well stocked and rotated as well as answering customer questions. The following list serves as a sample of commonly performed duties.
- Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
- Ensure fresh quality merchandise by rotating stock, using proper product handling procedures, and controlling damages according to company procedures and standards.
- Receive and unload incoming merchandise. Unpack boxes of merchandise, rotate, and stock display areas with new merchandise. Moves excess product to the proper backroom storage area and maintains organization of backroom. Ensures that product has been properly priced with correct signage. Assist with ordering and handling special requests from time to time. Responsible for maintaining conditions of the sales floor, cooler, prep area, and backroom to company standards.
- Must be familiar with and have knowledge of grocery merchandise and its location within the department including vendor and specialty products. Generate sales by suggestive selling.
- Follow company, state, and federal regulations for proper food handling and complete required product logs. Adhere to safety guidelines while utilizing equipment and utensils.
- Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
- Follow sanitation guidelines to maintain department conditions. Ensure compliance with health regulations, weights requirements, and measures and labeling laws according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Dispose of trash properly.
- Complete other job duties as requested by management.
Education and Experience
Current student, High school or GED preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to operate store equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must have ability and dexterity to lift, carry, and stock merchandise.
Ability to multi-task.
Lifting up to 100 lbs.
Sight and peripheral vision
Carrying up to 60 lbs.
Operates store equipment such as jacks, baler, etc.
Standing and walking
Reaching and bending