This position is responsible for the supervision of detainees to ensure that food items are prepared in accordance with production requirements. Trains detainee workers in methods of performing duties and assigns and coordinates work to promote efficiency of operations. This position participates in the preparation and serving of meals.
• Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations. Adheres to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
• Train detainees on proper cooking procedures.
• Direct detainees in the use of recipes.
• Assist in conducting inventory.
• Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to standards by reviewing and approving production and temperature logs.
• Supervise detainees in food preparation and tray assembly. Ensures guidelines are being met.
• Participate in preparation and serving of meals.