Full job description
Rubb Building Systems is a growing Southern Maine building manufacturer located in Sanford, Maine. We produce and install some of the finest steel-framed fabric buildings in the world and we are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious individual to join our PVC fabrication team as an entry-level Fabric Technician. This individual will be a key member of our PVC fabric shop, at the heart of our operation. The ideal candidate should possess a strong interest in manufacturing, have a basic understanding of measurement and layout principles, and a willingness to learn and develop themselves. For someone with strong work ethic, efficiency and accuracy in their work, and an ability to work independently, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in the steel industry.
Reporting to the PVC Manager, the Fabric Technician I will receive a generous compensation package, including employer subsidized Medical Insurance; company provided Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401k with company match, affordable Dental and Vision Insurance; paid holidays; and up to two weeks of Paid Time Off in the first year of employment.
- Learn to correctly identify material while maintaining records and traceability.
- Process material ensuring that products comply with quality and production standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by adhering to company safety standards and procedures.
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned by the team lead or supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work with the metric system.
- Basic understanding of safety procedures and regulations.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work both as an individual and in a team environment.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Frequent reaching and bending
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at a time.
- Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Available to work overtime frequently.