Full Job Description
Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Department: Environmental Services
Position is located: Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
Work Schedule: No Hours Assigned
This positions purpose is to clean and maintain assigned areas of the hospital, and its facilities outside of the hospital in a consistent and thorough manner.
- Clean assigned areas using 7 step cleaning procedure and uses consistent and thorough practice in accomplishing these procedures.
- Performs job utilizing all resources with minimum waste of supplies, materials, and time.
- Performs discharge unit cleaning Monday through Friday during designated times and beyond when necessary.
- Demonstrates and encourages the use of proper cleaning solutions for various surfaces.
- Properly utilizes and maintains all equipment for job, and maintains an organized, clean, and stocked cart.
- Demonstrates safe behavior in all aspects of job and follows exposure control practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks and able to perform in multiple scheduled areas.
- Utilizes higher education, seminars, professional publications and hospital in services to remain current in profession.
- Understands and follows individual, department and hospital responsibilities to meet corporate compliance obligations.
- Maintain a safe environment which includes knowing and understanding hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Report and directly address identified environmental hazards when appropriate.
- Report and directly address violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed
- No previous experience required.
Essential: / No Minimum Requirement
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
- Potential exposure to noxious odors.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Extend body and limbs to reach items.
- Continuous kneeling.
- Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Continuous standing.
- Continuous walking.