• Performs dispatch duties:receives emergency and non-emergency calls and dispatches appropriate response units; obtains information from callers to provide to response units; monitors radios and maintains contact with response units.Pages service agency on-call personnel.
• Tracks and updates all responding units using Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system; enters incidents into CAD system to create incident numbers.
• Accesses and operates NCIC/CLEAN computer system to obtain and verify information from state and federal databases.
• Performs clerical duties:files reports, maintains checklists, etc; maintains and updates CAD system data base of agencies and business contact information
• Monitors tower and site security; monitors cameras and lights; reports equipment malfunctions and notifies response personnel in the event of power failures.
• Requires good interpersonal communication skills, basic mathematical ability
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of dispatch experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Position requires APCO Telecommunicator, Emergency Medical Dispatch and CPR certification.
Additional Job Requirements: A valid driver’s license, satisfactory pre-employment drug screen, background check, and completion of the computer skills testing will be required.