Full Job Description
In partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Development will design, develop, and implement a comprehensive fundraising program for the Westport Weston Family YMCA (WWFY). The Director will lead WWFY staff and volunteers and create a culture of philanthropy and fundraising within the organization and in the community. The ideal candidate will bring a digital-savvy, stewardship-oriented, data and results-driven focus to conceive, implement, and manage annual giving, major gifts, special events, grant proposals, and the Bedford Family Social Responsibility Fund (BFSRF) annual grant process. The Director will work with the Boards of Directors and Trustees, the CEO, community organizations, and volunteer groups to achieve maximum contributed income from a wide variety of sources.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Create a Development Plan that includes the annual and major gifts campaigns, donor cultivation and stewardship, special events, and the Planned Giving/Bedford Society, in accordance with the Association’s Strategic Plan.
- Serve as the primary staff on the Development Committee and BFSRF Committee.
- Develop annual goals, monitor and report progress toward these goals, and assess effectiveness of staff efforts.
- Manage the annual and major gifts, including special events (e.g., Golf Tournament, 100 Year Anniversary Gala) and participate in other YMCA events as requested (e.g., Healthy Kids Day, Point to Point Swim, etc.).
- Actively and successfully manage a robust portfolio of donors and prospects capable of making significant gifts to the WWFY.
- Monitor and report donations as they are received. Acknowledge each gift, in writing, within 3 days of receipt, and annually by January 10.
- Develop and meet major gifts activity and revenue goals. Devise, recommend and implement cultivation, solicitation and campaign strategies, development priorities and opportunities, donor relationships, tracking and monitoring of donors and prospects, and management reports.
- Plan, develop, and execute virtual, online and other digital campaigns and events in a technologically proficient environment.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with existing major donors, identifying prospects, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding both new and existing donor relationships, and collaborating with staff and volunteers to ensure that revenue and non-revenue goals are achieved.
- Collaborate with the CEO on the design and implementation of communication strategies to support development activities that position the WWFY as a cause-driven charitable community institution.
- Work with the CEO and Board Fundraising and Development Committee Chair to identify and cultivate potential new members to the Boards of Directors and Trustees.
- Prepare and manage an annual budget for the Development Department and make adjustments according to results as evidenced in the quarterly re-forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required;
- Minimum of five years of experience in Financial Development;
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred;
- Confident and poised professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to build relationships with community leaders and organizations;
- Proven track record of success in asking for and closing donation requests;
- Foundation grant writing experience required;
- Technical ability to create and utilize reports, analyze results in fundraising software (Raisers Edge);
- Strong verbal and written skills;
- Excellent project management ability;
- Proven ability to create materials and presentations that explain the Y’s community impact to potential donors;
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westport, CT 06880: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location