Full Job Description
Job ID: 2022-2015
Category: Information Technology
Responsibilities1. Supports Desktop Environment.
- Performs analysis and resolutions of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, recommends and implements corrective solutions, (may involve off-site repair work), if necessary, escalates calls appropriately to an administrator or engineer.
- Diagnoses basic software and hardware problems within 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Researches and recommends best methods for software deployments, may involve designing customized install procedures.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors to resolve issues.
- Notifies supervisor immediately of high priority problems, critical status changes, and client complaints.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in desktop hardware and software technologies.
2. Maintains calls in the Helpdesk software package.
- Enters call information into Service Desk, immediately upon receipt.
- Enters revised status information into the Service Desk system after updates are performed.
- Updates customers on the status of open calls via verbal or written methods.
- Changes status of checked calls from “open” to “closed”- adding comments, if necessary, notifying other technicians about results, then closing calls in a timely fashion.
- Documents changes to software support procedures as soon as possible in Service Desk under Solutions. Documents support and maintenance of software packages in Service Desk.
- Creates monthly reports of calls for supervisor and shares information of reports during staff meetings.
- Documents the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Helps with the responsibly of maintaining the Service Desk software.
3. Completes setup of all new PC’s, Laptops, Thin clients, branch scanners, receipt printers.
- Researches, recommend, and orders any new workstations, laptops, and general office supplies, parts and software.
- Singularly completes the entire build, configuration and testing of computers for delivery.
- Ensures all desktop PC’s & Laptops are built according to C&N Bank standards and loaded with the correct versions of application software, complete with the latest service patches.
- Delivers and sets up computers, thin clients, branch scanners, and receipt printer devices, including relocating computer equipment as needed.
- Places warranty and non-warranty service calls with the vendors of the equipment in need of repair, including copier/fax machines.
- Maintains assigned equipment to correct configuration.
4. Backs up desktop computer images, software media, and software licenses.
- Builds and stores bootable custom installs for computers to provide a quick way to setup and restore.
- Completes monthly or quarterly backups of specific critical PC’s, as assigned, according to schedule.
- Regularly tests, restores and documents completion of the process.
- Maintains inventory of PC’s, Laptops, monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment as assigned.
5. Performs monthly Patch Management.
- Checks monthly for new patches and maintains software patch deployments for operating systems and applications, via Patch Management Product in area of responsibility.
- Monitors unauthorized software, unauthorized files, misused passwords, etc.
- Completes installation and documentation for patches, according to schedule.
6. Performs duties related to maintaining Business Continuity Site.
- Maintains Application and Hardware system readiness.
- Performs scheduled restore/testing procedures on Computers, software, hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Assumes accountability for specific responsibilities as assigned for Business Continuity.
- Duplicates desktop software licenses and install media and send to the DRP site for storage.
- Documents Business Continuity Site processes and performs yearly updates to the documentation.
7. Training and Education – Completes all assigned training as established in a timely manner, including compliance, certification & licensure, and other developmental requirements.
8. Customer Service – Exemplifies C&N Customer Service Standards.
QualificationsEducation: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)and Experience: 1-2 years of previous related experience and/or training in a related field. OR: Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Recommended Certifications: Network + or Microsoft Related Certification.
Special Requirements: Travel required to various locations.
- Strong Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Research Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Products