• Have a current civil service test score on file for this job title
• Meet residency requirements
• Perform a variety of clerical duties to support the accurate and timely issuance of public benefits.
• Scan documents using a dedicated scanner and/or multiple function device (MFD) to capture and categorize electronic images.
• Issue client receipts when necessary.
• Modify electronic image sets using a computer to ensure electronic image is transposed to an electronic document, attach to the appropriate individual, and ensure the correct personnel are notified.
• Enter a document or application into a computer utilizing various software systems.
• Utilize automated systems to obtain specific information as necessary.
• File records/documents as needed and purges records/documents according to retention schedule.
• May act as Receptionist by greeting visitors and determining how they need to be served. Information must be accurately recorded and/or referred to the appropriate individual.
• Answer basic program questions.
• Retrieve, sort and distribute various types of information, including mail, computer printouts, case messages and logs. File clear and distribute to appropriate receiving party. Retrieve and record telephone messages and disseminate to appropriate staff.
• Communicate with Supervisor regarding clerical procedures, etc.
• Type general correspondence, as needed
• Perform additional duties as assigned.