Classroom Para and Aides
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of students? Paraeducators work under the direction of the classroom teacher to provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth. They are also known as school aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, one-to-one aides, and more.
ESS, a leading educational staffing company, has dozens of paraprofessional opportunities in our partnering school districts throughout the U.S.
- Provide instruction for students 5-21 years of age who have an intellectual disability, physical disability and/or sensory impairments by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Address communication, behavioral management, academics, fine/gross motor, daily living skills (hygiene and toileting needs), social and community living skills
- Assist with behavior management and general supervision of the class in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
- Observe student behavior and progress, keep notes, and report to classroom teacher and/or other school designee(s)
- Assist students with mobility either walking or in wheelchairs, lifting and re-position students
- Provide support in addressing medical needs under the direction of a nurse
Qualifications of a Substitute Paraprofessional
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED
- Standard clearances and health forms will be required before hire
- We offer benefits – medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You’ll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Learn how to get hired with ESS:
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 700 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.