$13 – $15 an hour
Full Job Description
Birnn Chocolates of Vermont, Inc. is seeking a full time Chocolatier in our South Burlington factory.
We are a fourth-generation family owned business who manufactures delicious chocolate truffles for retailers nationwide.
We make truffles, for people who sell truffles, to people who love truffles.
If you love the smell and taste of chocolate along with working in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you!
Great hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm (no nights or weekends!)
We strive for the best in everything that we do. We have a remarkable group of individuals that work at Birnn and we treat all of our employees as members of our extended family.
Who will love this job:
- You walk in everyday with a smile and a positive attitude
- You like making things easier for co-workers and customers, going that extra mile for others and always offering a hand
- You bring solutions to the table (instead of only pointing out problems)
- You treat this company like your own and act in every way as a stakeholder
- Operation of chocolate processing equipment in a safe, clean and efficient manner
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices to meet customer and product specifications
- Production line proficiency – feeding truffles onto the conveyor, decorating truffles, and properly packing product
- Boxing product, ensuring proper labeling, coding and packaging
- Maintain product quality and uniformity standards
- Able to do tasks quickly without compromising quality
- Daily housekeeping of the facility
- Report directly to the Production Manager and take on any and all tasks with a smile
- Able to lift 30+ lb. repetitively along with bending & crouching often
- Works well with a diverse group of hard-working employees
- Dependable and punctual
- Repetitive movement: including lifting, picking, shaking and rotating
- Capable of maintaining a stationary position 65% of the day
- Clean background check and drug screening results required
Birnn offers competitive wages, health benefits, matching IRA contributions, paid time off, paid holidays, paid professional development, profit sharing and opportunity for advancement.
We work hard in a friendly environment!
Previous manufacturing, machine operator or food facility experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: / Bonus pay
Experience: / production: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: / One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Company’s website: / www.birnn.com
Work Remotely: / No
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place