Employee Classification: Part-Time Seasonal (Hourly)
Reports To: Incubation Manager
To serve God and Humanity by candling eggs in candling line to provide excellent and innovative poultry products for life and health on behalf of Maple Lawn Associates, Inc. (MLA).
• Use knowledge of quality specifications to candle each flat of eggs as they come through the production line. This skill involves using a hand-held light to identify and discard eggs that do not meet specifications.
• Must be able to serve in a rotational schedule to fill other roles in the production line (pre-candling, pick-and-fill, end-of-line stacker).
• Participate in Daily Candling Accuracy Control (DCAC) to help improve overall team production quality.
• Assist in cleaning candling area at end of day.
• Assist in cleaning candling area as messes occur during production process.
• Communicate well with others on the Incubation team and participate in Incubation meetings.
• Adhere to biosecurity policies and procedures.
• Abide by all related SOP and SWI guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Personal Attributes:
• Person of integrity
• Works well in a team setting
• Detail oriented
• Excellent motor skills and self-awareness
• Good eyesight (with or without accommodations, person is able to see difference between acceptable and unacceptable eggs)
• Ability to work quickly in a production setting
• High school diploma or GED (preferred); no prior experience or training.
• Must be able to follow safety standard procedures.
• Complete support of and willing adherence to Maple Lawn Associates’ mission, vision and core values. Applicant must hold these standards as his/her own.
• Undergo training to understand safety requirements of candling machinery.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, safety rules, and correspondence. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and in small group situations to other employees.
Maple Lawn is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Maple Lawn Associates, Inc. (MLA) will be based on abilities, merit, and qualifications. MLA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, religion, color, gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, veteran status, or other non-merit based factors.