From $15 an hour
Full Job Description
Why Black Cap?
- Work/Life Balance — our hours are flexible and compatible with your lifestyle.
- Our management is here for you — we pride ourselves in our culture of open communication and managerial support. Many of our employees have been with us for years. If you want a career in hospitality, this is an excellent opening to start! If you just want to work seasonally, that’s ok, too!
- Opportunities for growth within a booming company (three locations and counting!) — we will spot your strengths and adjust your responsibilities and pay accordingly. We want to foster your growth alongside our own!
- Dynamic work environment — no two days here are the same, each day comes with a different set of challenges and responsibilities — you will never be bored with us!
At Black Cap Coffee & Beer in our three locations in Stowe, Morrisville and now Church Street in Burlington we are well known for delicious coffee, fresh pastries, wonderful breakfast and lunch items, extensive craft beer selection, wonderful customer service and a great work environment.
WE NEED BARISTAS FOR OUR BUSTLING LOCATION ON CHURCH ST IN BURLINGTON, VT. Join our dynamic team and growing business! We are looking for 5-6 hires for this role!
Baristas are responsible for:
- Quickly making and serving drinks to customers with care and great attention to detail
- Taking orders and handling cash/card payments through our POS
- Making breakfast and lunch sandwiches
- Using teamwork with fellow baristas to deliver speedy and quality service
- Ensure our shop is clean by adhering to our high-standard of cleanliness (includes: washing dishes when needed, sweeping, mopping, wiping tables, regular sanitizing of high-touch surfaces, etc.)
- Be an all-around pleasant and helpful person to customers and fellow employees
- Engaging and friendly personality with solid customer service skills
- Team-oriented attitude
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to stay on feet for 6-8 hours and lift 50lbs
- Ability to multitask/thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A love of coffee or beer definitely doesn’t hurt!
- We do not require prior food service or relevant experience, we are willing to train if you are excited and willing to learn!
We offer: – Competitive hourly pay (as stated above) with overtime pay when attained (huge plus, as is not always a practice in VT) – benefits for full-time employees (30-35 hrs/week) such as paid vacation and other incentives after 6 months – free coffee & sandwiches, employee discount on beer & pastries!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Physical Setting: / Bakery / Coffee shop
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental Pay: / Tips
We provide masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and strictly follow health authorities recommendations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, VT 05401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location