Full Job Description
Town of Plainfield, VT W/WW is a small business in Plainfield, VT. We are professional, challenging, rewarding and our goal is to Provide safe clean drinking water to the Town of Plainfield and cleanly and effectively treat the wastewater to be discharged into the Winooski river..
Our work environment includes:
- Casual work attire
- Safe work environment
- On-the-job training
We are seeking to hire an experienced operator to work with a multi-disciplinary team at our Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. The candidate must be capable of operating and maintaining different types of equipment and machinery, with a focus on treating the release of contaminants into the environment. All workers will be required to adhere to our company policies and procedures, which include the use of PPE and other safety equipment whenever necessary.
- Operate a water and a wastewater treatment plant and their associated infrastructure.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on the plants.
- Communicate with administrators and other plant staff.
- Monitor water and waste levels after receiving the data from meters, sensors, and automated systems.
- Operate a water and wastewater treatment plant under pressure to meet environmental requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Plainfield, VT 05667: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Education: / High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location