Full Job Description
Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the “touch points” of our customers’ products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
Responsible to assemble parts in a manual, hand-assembly environment, and also in a semi-automated assembly department.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Able to learn the business operating systems. Able to learn to use measuring instruments.
- Good manual dexterity, able to sit or stand for 8-hour shift.
- Able to lift/push/pull up to 35 lbs.
- Team oriented.
- Quality and Safety conscious.
- Able to accurately produce parts by operating all manual work benches and all semi-automated assembly machines to achieve a minimum productivity rate of 8.
- Perform set up activities, if trained and as required, on all manual work benches and semi-automated assembly machines.
- Perform quality checks, audits and inspections to ensure products are defect free. Follow established process and procedures to achieve 0 quality defects.
- Enter data into the business software as required to complete the assembly job. As required, use the core system to perform Quantum checks, confirmations, order materials and submit a maintenance request in Frontline.
- Follow standard work procedures before, during and at the end of the shift as defined by the department guidelines. (5S)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Second shift position (2:30PM-11PM)
- Third shift position (10:30PM-7AM)
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Honeoye Falls, NY 14472: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you interested in second or third shift? Or both?
Work Location: One location