General Position Summary:
At MedExpress, we seek considerate and driven individuals in our neighborhood medical centers to exceed patient expectations every day. Having energized and friendly front office assistants is essential to delivering quality care and creating success in our centers. As a front office assistant, you will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
• Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and lives our values of being Genuine, Caring, Friendly®.
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and shows an understanding of audience needs.
• Make each customer feel informed, understood, and special through genuine and positive communication. Acts as an effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
• Embraces the MedExpress environment by facing tasks with energy and passion.
• Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
• Assist in opening and closing the center, locking and unlocking the doors, and maintaining a clean waiting area.
• Welcome all MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendly demeanor.
• Assist in patient care coordination, such as answering any questions and directing them through the registration process.
• Answer multi-phone lines and direct patients accordingly, whether that is answering questions or transferring to management or clinical staff.
• Perform callbacks to past patients for follow-up and ensure a positive patient experience.
• Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, and post-patient balances.
• Assist with clerical duties such as filing, faxing, and scanning documentation.
• Discharge patients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses.
• Collect payment for medications and distribute those once filled (if applicable).
• Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures.
This role will interact with employees of the Field Operations Teams and other center staff employees on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalency (GED) required.
• 1 year of prior customer service OR experience in a medical office setting required.
• Though not required, an understanding of occupational medicine and insurance verification is helpful.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records required.
• Excellent communication skills – must be able to communicate with patients as well as medical staff.
• Ability to follow OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
Location: Selingsgrove, PA