Salary: $30,787.00 Annually
Job Number: A17-FT-2019
Provides clerical and office support within the Division to ensure its operations are conducted efficiently and effectively. Performs clerical work which requires the utilization of typing skills and the application of independent judgment. Work includes all clerical aspects of a significant aspect of a work process or other multiple work activities which are comparable in scope and complexity. Provide effective customer service to current and prospective students.
Examples of Duties
• Hospitality lead, greets all visitors including walk-in’s and those who have scheduled appointments.
• Handles a multi-line phone system; assess needs, responds appropriately.
• Maintains office calendar, as well as, schedules appointments, group visits, and department meetings. Coordinates daily tours.
• Maintains Admissions Email. Responds or forwards to the appropriate staff member written or online inquiries relating to their interest in Mansfield University.
• Processing of inquiries and contact cards. Lead on preparing office mailings to inquiries.
• Updates TV Monitor with Special Events and Daily Appointments.
• Work Study Supervisor, Assists processing team during peak times.
• Provides clerical support for the Event coordinator
Minimum Experience and Training:
Six months as a Clerk Typist 1; or completion of high school business curriculum which included at least one typing course; or any combination of equivalent experience and training.
Applicants must possess these skills, knowledge, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively and professionally
• Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
• Experience using automated systems, Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, Must exhibit strong attention to detail
• Must communicate verbally and in writing; work effectively in team environment; and organize effectively
• Commitment to supporting Mansfield University’s principles and values of character, scholarship, culture, and service, and the University’s strong student-centered vision and mission.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions which explain the work objectives and general guidelines that require independent decision making on the most appropriate procedures to be followed in varied courses of action.
• Must have the ability to use technology for daily work and presentations (including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, PowerPoint); effective use of phone and other office and media equipment
• May be required to lift, stand, walk, reach with arms, kneel, stoop, and to transport/carry heavy travel/event materials, etc.
• Ability to organize work in a manner which insures smooth processing and accomplishment of priority items on schedule.
• Must master attention to detail; complete multiple tasks; and interact with prospective and current students in a friendly and welcoming manner.